Northwest Independent School District, commonly referred to as Northwest ISD (NISD), is a rapidly growing and well-respected public school district situated in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex of Texas. Established in 1949, NISD has evolved into one of the state’s premier school districts, serving a diverse and expanding community. Its dedication to academic excellence, innovative programs, and a commitment to nurturing the potential of every student has garnered widespread recognition. Let us discuss about Northwest ISD Calendar 2023-24 with Holidays and Key Dates with Fees Structures of Northwest ISD Calendar.
The district’s geographical scope spans across multiple cities and communities in the northwestern region of the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This diversity enriches the student body and fosters a dynamic educational environment that embraces various cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives. Northwest ISD takes pride in celebrating this diversity while providing equal educational opportunities for all.
NISD offers a comprehensive and forward-thinking curriculum, including advanced placement (AP) courses, dual credit programs, and specialized career and technical education (CTE) pathways. The district emphasizes a holistic approach to education, preparing students not only for academic success but also for the challenges of the modern world. Innovation in teaching and learning is a hallmark of NISD, with a focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education, fine arts, and extracurricular activities.
Community engagement is integral to Northwest ISD Calendar mission. The district actively collaborates with parents, local businesses, and community organizations to enhance the educational experience. Partnerships with local industries provide students with real-world learning opportunities, preparing them for future careers.
In addition to its academic pursuits, NISD places great importance on the well-being of its students, offering support services, extracurricular activities, and a safe and inclusive learning environment. Northwest ISD continues to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the Dallas-Fort Worth region and equipping its students with the knowledge and skills needed for success in an ever-evolving world.
Northwest ISD Calendar 2023-24 with Holidays
The table below gives you the data of Northwest ISD Calendar of Holidays.
|First Day of School||16 Aug 2023 (Wed)|
|Thanksgiving Break||20 Nov 2023 (Mon)||24 Nov 2023 (Fri)|
|Christmas Break||22 Dec 2023 (Fri)||9 Jan 2024 (Tue)|
|Spring Break||11 Mar 2024 (Mon)||19 Mar 2024 (Tue)|
|Last Day of School||23 May 2024 (Thu)|
|Summer Break||24 May 2024 (Fri)|
Key Dates to Remember for Northwest ISD School Calendar 2023-24
– First day of school: August 16, 2023, Wednesday
– Labor Day: September 5, 2023, Monday
– Fall Break: October 10-14, 2023, Monday-Friday
– Veterans Day: November 10, 2023, Wednesday
– Thanksgiving Break: November 23-26, 2023, Thursday-Sunday
– Winter Break: December 19, 2023 – January 2, 2024, Monday-Monday
– Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: January 16, 2024, Monday
– Presidents Day: February 19, 2024, Monday
– Spring Break: March 13-17, 2024, Monday-Friday
– Good Friday: April 7, 2024, Friday
– Memorial Day: May 29, 2024, Monday
– Last day of school: May 23, 2024, Friday
In addition to these dates of Northwest ISD Calendar
– Teacher workdays: There are several teacher workdays throughout the year when students are not in school. These days are typically used for professional development and planning.
– Report card dates: Report cards are issued three times during the school year, in October, January, and May.
– Early dismissal days: There are a few early dismissal days throughout the year when students are dismissed from school early. These days are typically used for staff development or special events.
Northwest ISD Calendar Fees Structures
– Textbook Rental Fees: Students may be charged a fee to rent textbooks for the school year. The fee can vary based on grade level and the specific courses taken.
– Lunch Fees: Students are typically charged a fee for school lunches. The cost per meal can vary depending on the school and grade level.
– Extracurricular Activity Fees: There may be fees associated with participating in certain extracurricular activities, such as sports, clubs, and band. These fees can vary depending on the activity and may cover equipment, uniforms, or travel expenses.
– Transportation Fees: Some students may be required to pay a fee for school bus transportation, especially if they live outside designated walking zones. The fee can vary based on the distance from the school.
– Other Fees: Northwest ISD may have additional fees for specific services, materials, or events. These fees should be outlined in the district’s fee schedule, which can be obtained from the school or district administration.