Pasadena Independent School District (Pasadena ISD) is a prominent educational institution located in the southeastern part of the Greater Houston area in Texas, USA. Established in 1893, Pasadena ISD has a long history of providing quality education to its diverse and growing community. Let us discuss about Pasadena ISD Calendar 2023-24 with Holidays and Key Dates with Fees Structures of Pasadena ISD Calendar.
Covering a vast area that includes Pasadena, as well as parts of South Houston, Pearland, and Deer Park, the district serves over 60,000 students, making it one of the largest school districts in Texas. Its expansive reach reflects the rich cultural and socioeconomic diversity of the region, contributing to a dynamic and inclusive learning environment.
Pasadena ISD is known for its commitment to academic excellence. The district offers a comprehensive curriculum from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, with a strong emphasis on college and career readiness. Students have access to a wide range of programs, including advanced placement (AP), dual credit courses, and vocational training, to prepare them for success in higher education and the workforce.
The district is home to a dedicated and highly qualified teaching staff who work tirelessly to inspire students and facilitate their academic growth. Pasadena ISD has consistently received recognition for its outstanding academic achievements, often exceeding state and national averages in standardized testing and graduation rates.
In addition to academics, the district places a strong emphasis on extracurricular activities. Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports, fine arts programs, and clubs, fostering their personal and social development.
Community engagement is a cornerstone of Pasadena ISD. Strong partnerships with parents, local businesses, and community organizations enhance educational opportunities and support services for students.
Pasadena ISD Calendar 2023-24 with Holidays
The table below gives you the data of Pasadena ISD Calendar of Holidays.
|First Day of School||14 Aug 2023(Mon)|
|Fall Break||5 Oct 2023(Thu)||9 Oct 2023(Mon)|
|Thanksgiving Break||20 Nov 2023(Mon)||24 Nov 2023(Fri)|
|Christmas Break||22 Dec 2023(Fri)||9 Jan 2024(Tue)|
|Mid Winter Break||16 Feb 2024(Fri)||19 Feb 2024(Mon)|
|Spring Break||11 Mar 2024(Mon)||15 Mar 2024(Fri)|
|Easter Break||29 Mar 2024(Fri)||1 Apr 2024(Mon)|
|Last Day of School||23 May 2024(Thu)|
|Summer Break||24 May 2024(Fri)|
Key Dates to Remember for Pasadena ISD School Calendar 2023-24
– Labor Day: September 4, 2023
– Fall holiday: October 9, 2023
– Thanksgiving break: November 21, 2023 through November 24, 2023
– Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: January 15, 2024
– Spring break: March 12, 2024 through March 16, 2024
– Good Friday: April 7, 2024
– Memorial Day: May 29, 2024
– Last day of school: May 23, 2024
– Teachers report: August 7, 2023
– Professional development days: August 7-11, 2023 and January 3-4, 2024
– Teacher workdays: August 14-15, 2023, November 6, 2023, January 5, 2024, and May 24, 2024
– Makeup days: February 16, 2024 and April 1, 2024
Pasadena ISD Fees Structure
– Annual registration fee: $75
– Book rental fee: Varies by grade level
– Lunch fee: $2.50 per day
– Milk fee: $0.50 per day
– Athletics fee: Varies by sport
– Fines: Varies by infraction
– Transportation fee: Varies by distance from school
– Before and after school care: Varies by location
– Prekindergarten tuition: $3,500 per year
Here are some additional details about the fees:
– The annual registration fee is due at the time of enrollment and is non-refundable.
– The book rental fee is charged for each textbook that a student uses. The fee is waived for students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
– The lunch fee is charged for each day that a student eats lunch at school. The fee is waived for students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
– The milk fee is charged for each day that a student drinks milk at school. The fee is waived for students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
– The athletics fee is charged for students who participate in interscholastic athletics. The fee covers the cost of uniforms, equipment, and transportation.
– Fines are charged for lost or damaged textbooks, uniforms, and other school property.
– The transportation fee is charged for students who ride the school bus and is based on the distance from the student’s home to school.
– Before and after school care is available at some schools, and the fee varies by location and the number of hours that a child attends.
– The Prekindergarten tuition is for children who are not eligible for free or reduced-price lunch.