Leon County Schools Calendar – Leon County Schools (LCS) is a public school district in Florida, serving over 35,000 students in more than 50 schools. The district is known for its strong academic programs and dedicated teachers and staff. LCS is also recognized for its commitment to providing a well-rounded education to all students, including opportunities in the arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities.
One of the key initiatives of LCS is its focus on community engagement. The district has implemented several programs and policies aimed at involving parents, guardians and community members in the education process such as its “Community Partnership Program” and its “Volunteer Initiative.” These efforts have been recognized by organizations such as the Florida Department of Education.
- St.Johns County School Calendar
- Broward County School Calendar
- Pinellas County School Calendar
- Hillsborough County School Calendar
- Manatee County School Calendar
Leon County Schools Calendar 2023-2024 with Holidays
|First Day of School||10 Aug 2023|
|Thanksgiving Break||20 Nov 2023||24 Nov 2023|
|Christmas Break||20 Dec 2023||5 Jan 2024|
|Spring Break||11 Mar 2024||18 Mar 2024|
|Last Day of School||24 May 2024|
|Summer Break||27 May 2024|
Leon County Schools Academic Calendar 2023-2024
Leon County Schools (LCS), situated in Leon County, Florida, is a prominent public school district dedicated to serving an impressive enrollment of over 30,000 students across 49 schools. LCS stands proudly accredited by both the Florida Department of Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
LCS is dedicated to catering to diverse learners’ needs, offering an array of academic programs and services, including:
– Advanced Placement (AP) courses: LCS boasts an extensive selection of 38 distinct AP courses within its high schools, covering a wide spectrum of subjects encompassing English, mathematics, sciences, history, and foreign languages. Successful completion of these courses grants students the opportunity to earn college credit.
– International Baccalaureate (IB) programs: Present at Chiles High School and Rickards High School, LCS’s IB programs offer a challenging two-year college preparatory curriculum culminating in comprehensive exams. Graduates of the IB program receive the internationally recognized IB diploma, opening doors to esteemed colleges and universities worldwide.
– Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs: LCS delivers a variety of CTE programs at its high schools, grooming students for careers in specialized industries like healthcare, information technology, and construction. Completion of these programs equips students with industry certifications, preparing them for immediate entry into the workforce upon graduation.
– Dual enrollment programs: LCS fosters partnerships with local colleges and universities, enabling high school students to partake in college-level courses while still in high school. The successful completion of these courses translates into the attainment of both high school and college credits.
– Special education programs: LCS offers a diverse range of special education programs, tailor-made to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities, providing them with the tools to reach their full potential.
– English language learner (ELL) programs: LCS extends ELL programs, providing vital support to students who are acquiring English as a second language, ensuring their academic success.
LCS’s unwavering commitment lies in equipping all students with a high-quality education that readies them for the challenges of college, career, and life beyond. The district takes pride in its impressive track record, with over 80% of its graduates advancing to college or post-secondary education.
In the 2023-2024 school year, LCS received an exceptional overall grade of “A” from the Florida Department of Education, underscoring its dedication to excellence. U.S. News & World Report recognized several LCS schools, including Leon High School, Chiles High School, and Rickards High School, as among the top schools in the state.
LCS thrives as a diverse and vibrant educational institution, providing students with a rich tapestry of academic opportunities. For families seeking a high-quality education for their children, LCS stands as an outstanding choice.
Q. 1 When is the last day of Leon County Schools?
A. 1. The Leon County School District will have their last day of classes on Friday, June 7th.
Q. 2 When does the Leon School starts?
A. The Leon School District will begin classes on September 5th, a day later than usual due to Hurricane Irma.
Q. 3 When are the Winter Break Holidays?
A. The Leon County School District offers a number of winter break holidays. The most important one is Winter Break which begins on December 17th and ends on January 3rd. Other holidays include:
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Jr.
Q. 4 When are the Summer Break Holidays at Leon School?
A. Leon County Schools start their summer break on the last day of school, which is also the last day of the school year. The end of the school year is usually in early to mid-June, so Leon County Schools ends its summer break on June 21st.
Q. 5 When are the Spring Break Holidays at Leon School?
A. Leon County Schools will celebrate Spring Break on March 17th.