Arlington Independent School District (Arlington ISD) is a prominent public school district located in Arlington, Texas, USA. Serving the city of Arlington, the district plays a vital role in the education of thousands of students within the community. With a rich history dating back to its establishment in 1904, Arlington ISD has evolved into a dynamic educational institution that prioritizes academic excellence and student development. In this article we will discuss about Arlington ISD Calendar 2023-24 with holidays, important dates of Arlington ISD School Calendar and Arlington ISD Curriculum.
Arlington Independent School District (Arlington ISD) is quite substantial, ranking as the 12th largest school district in Texas and the 107th largest in the United States. It mainly covers Arlington and a significant portion of Grand Prairie in Tarrant County. Additionally, Arlington ISD serves the entire communities of Pantego and Dalworthington Gardens.
In terms of schools, Arlington ISD boasts an impressive total of 77 schools. This includes 54 elementary schools, 12 middle schools, 8 high schools, and 3 alternative schools. Moreover, the district offers a variety of specialized options, such as magnet schools and specialty schools, catering to diverse educational needs and interests within the community.
Arlington ISD is renowned for its commitment to innovation and technology integration in the classroom. The district has consistently embraced modern teaching methodologies, ensuring students have access to cutting-edge resources and tools that enhance their learning experience. This forward-thinking approach has earned Arlington ISD recognition as a leader in education technology, setting a benchmark for other school districts to follow.
Arlington ISD also places a strong emphasis on extracurricular activities, offering students a wide range of opportunities in sports, arts, and other interests. These activities play a crucial role in promoting well-rounded development and nurturing talents beyond the classroom.
Arlington ISD Calendar 2023-24 with Holidays
The holidays for Arlington ISD Calendar 2023-24 are given below :
|First Day of School||16 Aug 2023 (Wed)|
|Thanksgiving Break||20 Nov 2023 (Mon)||24 Nov 2023 (Fri)|
|Christmas Break||22 Dec 2023 (Fri)||8 Jan 2024 (Mon)|
|Spring Break||11 Mar 2024 (Mon)||15 Mar 2024 (Fri)|
|Easter Break||29 Mar 2024 (Fri)||1 Apr 2024 (Mon)|
|Last Day of School||24 May 2024 (Fri)|
|Summer Break||27 May 2024 (Mon)|
Important Dates to Remember for Arlington ISD School Calendar 2023-2024
Here are some important dates to remember for the Arlington ISD Calendar 2023-2024:
– First day of school: 16th August 2023
– Labor Day: 5th September 2023
– Fall break: 10th October 2023
– Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples’ Day: 9th October 2023
– Thanksgiving break: 22nd November 2023 – 25th November 2023
– Winter break: 20th December 2023 – 2nd January 2024
– Martin Luther King Jr. Day: 16th January 2024
– Presidents’ Day: 19th February 2024
– Spring break: 25th March 2024 – 29th March 2024
– Memorial Day: 29th May 2024
– Last day of school: 26th May 2024
In addition to these specified dates, Arlington ISD also designates several professional development days throughout the year, during which students will not have regular classes. These professional development days typically occur on either Mondays or Fridays.
The regular school hours for Arlington ISD are as follows:
– PM Pre-K: 12:25 PM – 3:35 PM
– Elementary: 8:10 AM – 3:35 PM
– Junior High: 8:45 AM – 4:10 PM
– High School: 7:35 AM – 3:00 PM
Furthermore, there are early release days scheduled periodically throughout the academic year. On these early release days, the school day concludes at the following times:
– PM Pre-K: 12:10 PM
– Elementary: 12:10 PM
– Junior High: 12:45 PM
– High School: 11:35 AM
Arlington ISD Course Curriculum
The Arlington Independent School District (Arlington ISD) has a plan for what students should learn, called the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). They make sure students are ready for college, jobs, and being responsible citizens.
The classes they offer depend on how old you are and which school you go to. For example:
– In elementary school, you’ll take classes like reading, math, science, social studies, art, music, gym, and health.
– In middle school, you’ll study reading, math, science, social studies, languages, arts, gym, and health.
– In high school, you’ll have classes in reading, math, science, social studies, languages, arts, job training, gym, and health.
Besides these, they also have extra classes like hard college-level ones (AP), college classes (dual credit), and job training classes.
– AP classes are like college classes for high schoolers. You can earn college credits for taking them.
– Dual credit classes are like taking college classes while still in high school. You get both high school and college credit.
– Job training classes prepare you for certain careers. You can even get a certification or an associate degree from them.
Arlington ISD keeps checking and improving their courses to make sure students are ready for the future.
If you want to know more about the classes they offer, you can check these resources:
– Arlington ISD Course Description Handbooks: These books tell you all about the classes at each grade level.
– Arlington ISD Academic Calendar Planning website: This website helps students and parents choose the right classes.
– Arlington ISD Guidance and Counseling Department: They can help you pick the best classes for you and give your personal advice.