Fort Bend Independent School District (Fort Bend ISD) is a prominent school district located in Fort Bend County, Texas, known for its commitment to academic excellence and diverse educational opportunities. With a rich history dating back to the 19th century, it has grown to become one of the largest and most respected school districts in Texas. In this article we are going to discuss about Fort Bend ISD Calendar 2023-24 with holidays and important dates. Also, we will discuss about the timing of Fort Bend ISD.
Fort Bend ISD is really big, like the 45th largest in the whole United States. It’s where more than 78,000 students go to school, and it’s in the northeastern part of Fort Bend County. FBISD has a whopping 104 schools! That’s a bunch, including 49 for younger kids, 22 for middle schoolers, 14 for high school students, and 9 special schools for different things.
What’s cool is that FBISD is super diverse. People in the district speak over 100 different languages and ways of talking. This means there are kids from all over the world going to school here. FBISD really cares about all its students, no matter where they’re from. They want to make sure every student gets a great education, whether they speak English, Spanish, or any other language.
It places a strong emphasis on academic achievement and offers a comprehensive curriculum aligned with state standards. Students have access to a wide range of extracurricular activities, including sports, arts, and clubs, fostering holistic development.
In addition to this, Fort Bend ISD is recognized for its commitment to inclusivity and community engagement. The district collaborates with parents, teachers, and community members to create a supportive learning environment. It’s known for its strong partnerships with local businesses and organizations, enhancing educational opportunities for students.
Fort Bend ISD Calendar 2023-24 with Holidays
The table below gives you the data of Fort Bend ISD Calendar of Holidays.
|Holidays||Starts on||Finishes on|
|First Day of School||9 Aug 2023 (Wed)|
|Fall Break||9 Oct 2023 (Mon)||10 Oct 2023 (Tue)|
|Thanksgiving Break||20 Nov 2023 (Mon)||24 Nov 2023 (Fri)|
|Christmas Break||18 Dec 2023 (Mon)||3 Jan 2024 (Wed)|
|Mid Winter Break||16 Feb 2024 (Fri)||19 Feb 2024 (Mon)|
|Spring Break||11 Mar 2024 (Mon)||15 Mar 2024 (Fri)|
|Easter Break||29 Mar 2024 (Fri)||1 Apr 2024 (Mon)|
|Last Day of School||23 May 2024 (Thu)|
|Summer Break||24 May 2024 (Fri)|
Important Dates to Remember for Fort Bend ISD School Calendar 2023-2024
Here are some important dates for the Fort Bend ISD School Calendar for the 2023-2024 school year:
– First day of school: School starts on August 29, 2023.
– Fall break: You’ll have a break from October 10 to 14, 2023.
– Winter break: Enjoy your winter holidays from December 19, 2023, to January 2, 2024.
– Spring break: Take a break from March 6 to 10, 2024.
– Last day of school: The school year ends on May 26, 2024.
In addition to these dates, there are a few more you should know about:
– Early release days: Elementary schools will have two early release days on October 24 and March 8. Middle and high schools will have early release on October 24 and March 7.
– Professional development days: Teachers will have some days for training throughout the year, but these are not regular school days for students.
– Make-up days: If the weather is bad and school needs to be canceled, there might be extra days added to make up for the missed lessons. The school district will tell you about these days if they are needed.
Fort Bend ISD Timing
Here are the school hours from Fort Bend ISD Calendar during the 2023-2024 school year:
– Elementary schools: Students start at 8:10 a.m. and finish at 3:25 p.m.
– Middle schools: School begins at 8:55 a.m. and ends at 4:10 p.m.
– High schools: High school students have classes from 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Additionally, there are a few days when school lets out early at 11:35 a.m.:
– October 24, 2023
– March 7, 2024
Remember that these times are the regular school hours, but there might be some exceptions, like special events or field trips, that could have different schedules.