The Pittsburgh Public Schools Calendar for 2023-2024 is now available online. More than 95% of Pittsburgh residents live within the boundaries of the School District. In addition to traditional public schools, the District provides educational services to more than 8,000 students in charter schools and nearly 2,000 students through homeschooling arrangements.
The district also provides special services for students with disabilities and English learners. Each year, the district conducts an assessment to determine which students need support. Once the need is identified, educators work closely with parents to develop a plan that meets their child’s needs.
Pittsburgh public schools are committed to providing a safe environment for all students. The district has implemented policies and procedures designed to ensure that all pupils feel safe at school.
Pittsburgh Public Schools Calendar 2023-2024
Pittsburgh has a large number of public schools, most of which are situated in the city’s central area. Each school is equipped with a variety of resources, such as classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities. The district also operates several charter schools.
Pittsburgh Public Schools employs a staff of over 3,000 people. The District has over 700 employees, including full-time and part-time personnel, in the administrative offices, classrooms, central services departments and school buildings. The District also has approximately 1,300 support personnel who work in areas such as transportation and food service.
Pittsburgh Public Schools Academic Calendar (2023-2024)
In the Pittsburgh Public Schools Academic Calendar 2023-2024, there are a total of 9 months. Each month has 4 weeks and each week has 3 days. The calendar starts on the first day of January and ends on the last day of December.
It is important to remember that this calendar is subject to change at any time due to holidays, weather conditions, or other reasons.
Here are some examples of when things may happen in a given month:
-A school may have a holiday that falls on a different day than normal (like Presidents Day).
-Schools have field trips that fall on different days than normal (like Science Olympiad).
-A class might be having testing days that fall on different days than normal (like math tests).
Introducing the Pittsburgh Public Schools Academic Calendar for the 2023-2024 school year:
– August 10: SDSS and 11-month employees return to work.
– August 15: FSS employees return to work.
– August 17: 10.5-month employees return to work.
– August 22: Teachers return to work.
– August 28: First day of school for all grades except Kindergarten.
– August 31: First day of school for Kindergarten.
– September 4: Labor Day – No school.
– September 25: Yom Kippur – No school.
– October 9: Parent-Teacher Conferences for Early Childhood, PreK-5, PreK-8, and 6-8 Schools. No school for students with conferences.
– October 13: Parent-Teacher Conferences for 6-12 Schools, 9-12 High Schools, Pittsburgh South Hills, Special Schools, Early Head Start Classrooms & SciTech ECE Home Visits. No school for students with conferences.
– November 22: Thanksgiving Break begins – No school.
– November 27: Thanksgiving Break continues – No school.
– December 22: Winter Break begins – No school.
– December 27-29: Winter Break continues – No school.
– December 31: New Year’s Eve – No school.
– January 1: New Year’s Day – No school.
– January 2: School resumes.
– February 19: President’s Day – No school.
– March 25-28: Spring Break – No school.
– April 10: Eid al-Fitr – No school.
– April 23: Election Day – No school.
– May 27: Memorial Day – No school.
– June 12: Last day of school for all students.
Professional Development Days
– August 17
– August 18
– August 21
– August 23
– August 24
– August 25
– October 23
– November 23
– December 23
– January 2
– February 16
– March 22
– April 11
– May 23
– SDSS: School District Support Services.
– FSS: Food Service.
– 10.5-Month Employees: Employees working 10.5 months per year, including teachers, counselors, and administrators.
– 11-Month Employees: Employees working 11 months per year, such as custodians and cafeteria workers.
– PD: Professional Development.
– ECE: Early Childhood Education.
Please keep in mind that this academic schedule of Pittsburgh Public Schools Calendar is subject to change.
Pittsburgh Public Schools Calendar (Holidays)
PITTSBURGH, PA – The holidays are a time for family and friends to get together and celebrate. For many children in Pittsburgh, this means attending one of the city’s public schools.
The holidays on the school calendar are an opportunity for students to connect with their classmates from all over the city and county. Many events take place specifically for students in grades 6-12, like talent shows, caroling parties, and holiday dinners. In addition to these events, many public schools hold special programs related to specific holidays like Hanukkah at elementary schools or Christmas at high schools.
|First Day of School||28 Aug 2023 (Mon)|
|Thanksgiving Break||23 Nov 2023 (Thu)||27 Nov 2023 (Mon)|
|Christmas Break||25 Dec 2023 (Mon)||2 Jan 2024 (Tue)|
|Mid Winter Break||25 Jan 2024 (Thu)||26 Jan 2024 (Fri)|
|Spring Break||25 Mar 2024 (Mon)||29 Mar 2024 (Fri)|
|Last Day of School||12 Jun 2024 (Wed)|
|Summer Break||13 Jun 2024 (Thu)|
Public schools in Pittsburgh are facing many challenges. A lack of funding is one issue, and another is the increasing number of students who are classified as gifted and talented. These students often require additional resources, but the district is not always able to provide them. In addition, the district has had to deal with a drop in enrollment over the past several years. This has led to an increase in class size and a decrease in teacher salaries. It will be difficult for public schools in Pittsburgh to overcome these challenges, but they are worth fighting for.